Garage door opener doesn't work well

Old 03-31-16, 09:16 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Garage door opener doesn't work well

I just bought a house and it has two single garage doors. They are both Lift Masters. The remotes each have two buttons, one for each door. On each remote one garage door opens fine. When I try to open the other garage door I have to be almost underneath the opener for it to work. This happens with both remotes.

So if I am on the driveway I can't open the door. I have tried changing the batteries but that didn't help. It seems the receiver on the second garage door doesn't receive very well.

Any thoughts on things to try before calling a garage door company? Thanks.

Old 04-01-16, 04:23 AM
Received 23 Votes on 23 Posts
look for CFL or LED light bulbs and remove them or turn them off. Then try unplugging the opener that works good and try again... could be radio interference from any of the three. also could be a faulty circuit board in the faulty opener.

Old 04-05-16, 08:51 AM
R
Turns out it was a bad board. I called a garage door company. The guy swapped the board out and it works fine now. Thanks.

Old 05-29-16, 09:20 PM
A
There may be something interfering with the signal or possibly something else. Another issue could be that there is some sort of interference from different wireless devices in use near your area. If this is the case then find the antenna mount point and add a wire to it to make it longer. If this does not work there are other solutions. There are extenders that allow you to send the signal from outside the house and it runs by a wire to the garage opener unit.

Old 05-30-16, 04:24 AM
R
Banned
Something may be interrupting the signals for garage door.. check if there any other device uses the same frequency nearby - Roofers Austin

Old 05-30-16, 06:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
This post started back in April and was fixed with a new board.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: