Leveling playset

Old 04-24-16, 07:25 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leveling playset

I realize this may not be suitable for this forum but I figure it could be thrown into the shed/outdoor structure category.

I'm building a kids playset in our backyard. I used fill dirt to level out the yard and put landscape fabric over this. I will eventually put 6-9" of playground mulch down on top.
The fill dirt I got was not the greatest but then again it's fill. It's clumpy, etc. I tried to pack it down as best as possible with the Toro "dingo" I rented.
When we started building the playset, there are "gaps" between the bottom of the playset and the ground on one end. Meaning that it may be level but the bottom of the playset is "floating" on one side.
I bought and put down some pressure treated decking to fill the gaps but not sure how stable this will be. Should I use something else? Maybe pea gravel and playground sand? The playset has rebar anchors and it will become heavier as I add the swings and slides to it. Just want to have a good solid base under the main part.

Thanks for any advice!

Old 04-24-16, 07:44 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I bought and put down some pressure treated decking to fill the gaps but not sure how stable this will be.
It's not going to be stable if it's laying flat. Drive one or two 2x4s into the ground & bolt the legs of the playset to them.

Old 04-25-16, 03:37 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 383 Votes on 339 Posts
playset has rebar anchors
What are these achors attached too? The playset should be secured to the ground so it won't topple over. It won't matter if a portion is elevated if it's secured. Pics might be helpful - http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: