Shed floor out of square

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-16, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response marksr - I think the level is about 30".

Roof has been framed and put 4 sheets of plywood on today, so good progress. However, I noticed a bunch of the rafter tails on the front eave extend out past the sheathing by 1/2 inch. My fascia board will be 1 x 6 PVC, so my thought is the drip edge can easily span this 1/2" gap plus 3/4" fascia (total 1 1/4"). Does this sound reasonable (I pulled up one example of drip edge on HD's website, it shows the nailing edge of 2.43")? I'd rather not pull up the plywood at this point if I don't have to.

I understood the concept of trimming rafter tails but didn't quite put it into practice I guess. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-16, 08:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 230 Votes on 212 Posts
Sure your gutter apron can span the difference, the problem is that your fascia won't be straight if you didn't snap a chalk line on the rafter tails and trim them so that they are straight. There are plenty of tools that can trim the tails without the need to remove plywood. Or you can shim the ones that are too short rather than cut the ones that are too long.

Old 03-26-18, 04:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I got the same situation and I'm still thinking if what will I do with mine. I may still wait for other suggestions in this thread. But awesome work man!

Old 03-26-18, 05:39 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Hmparienge I am locking this thread. Please start a thread of your own giving full details of your problem. Use the "New Thread" button at the top left of the thread list page.

Attached Images  

Last edited by ray2047; 03-26-18 at 06:36 AM.
Closed Thread