New chamberlain opener

Old 11-04-17, 07:35 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New chamberlain opener

Hi,

I purchased and installed a new chamberlain opener to replace my lift master which had given up the ghost. When I was installing it, I noticed the rail was about a foot shorter than the lift master rail. Sure enough when I tried to open the door, it would not open fully and it stopped about a foot short when it hit the stop pin in the rail. I have an 8' door.

The opener works fine other than it doesn't lift the door to its full height. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Anthony

Old 11-04-17, 07:49 PM
W
I did adjust the travel settings already.

Old 11-04-17, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
You need an extension kit for an 8 ft door. It adds a foot to the rail and drive. Of course that depends on the type of drive mechanism. A typical chain drive is the extension and new chain...relatively cheap at about $27. A belt drive includes a new longer section of rail to replace one of the existing and a new belt...around $50. You might check your local HD. The one here has been clearancing the kits for several months.

Old 11-05-17, 03:18 AM
Received 42 Upvotes on 41 Posts
Liftmaster and Chamberlian are the same company, bolt the liftmaster rail to your new opener head, if it's in good shape

Old 11-05-17, 03:55 AM
W
Ok thanks. I'll check out the extensions and new belt. I sure wish I had known that before I put the opener up!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: