replacing garage door panels

Old 05-07-01, 07:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I would like to replace my heavy particle board type garage door panels with lightweight metal panels. Is this possible as a do-it-yourself project?
If possible,where can I purchase panels?
Old 05-10-01, 07:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
It is possible, but not recommended. I suppose that you could call and big box store or overhead garage door company and get the panels from them.

I usually leave roll-up doors to the guys that do it for a living. They are not fun to work with, and you could get hurt easily.
Old 05-10-01, 05:55 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
NOOOOOOOO The track and rollers and springs are not the same from a wood to a steel door you need to buy a hole new door.
Old 05-13-01, 02:49 AM
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,999
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Door Guy is right. You will have to buy a whole new door.
Sorry about that.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: