Chamberlain Whisper Drive Issue

Old 04-23-18, 05:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chamberlain Whisper Drive Issue

I have a 10-12 year-old Chamberlain Whisper Drive opener that periodically runs into the bolt. I've made adjustments to both the travel limiter and the upward force. The door opens perfectly 7 out of 10 times, then randomly runs past the limit and hits the bolt. Is this a logic board issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-18, 03:50 PM
Received 109 Votes on 100 Posts
I have 2 openers and one does the same, I just keep adjusting the limit down which works for maybe a year then another adjustment!

Old 04-23-18, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Does this use a traveling contact on a screw drive linked to the motor? Or a finger on a screw that opens or closes a rudimentary switch in the housing? Or is it purely electronic? Chamberlain doesn't like giving access to much info, so I can't go look. W/o a model number, probably wouldn't find anything anyway.

If it's either of the first two, you might try burnishing the contacts and using some heavy grease on the screw. I had an old Craftsman (chain drive) with that system and was having a problem with it knowing where "down" stopped. Did the above and problem solved.

Old 05-01-18, 05:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It has a traveling contact on a screw drive, which is made of plastic. Please describe what you mean by "burnishing."