Garage baseboard ideas

Old 05-18-18, 04:13 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Garage baseboard ideas

Hi, I've just finished my garage floor (used Rocksolid) and now I want to finalize it by installing a baseboard. The problem is that I have 2 different situations at the bottom wall of my garage:
- First picture you see this gap between the drywall and the floor - around 4 inches height and 2 inches depth.
- Second pic, from one of the walls, the slab is coming out, exactly the opposite way from picture 1.

In order to cover both situations, what would be the best recommendation in your opinion? I thought to use vinyl baseboard, however in case of Pic 1, I'm not gluing the baseboard into the wall because there's nothing to hold on. Can I use a 2x4 to fill this gap then glue the baseboard on it?
In case of Pic 2, it is the opposite. I could use vinyl baseboard, but I would need a large and flexible one, which is not available to buy.

So please, what are the best, easy and less expensive options to cover the bottom part of my garage in these both situations?

THanks
Luciano

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-18, 04:36 PM
Received 367 Votes on 342 Posts
I have always just installed 1x 6 rough cut pine boards around the perimeter of my garages to provide some protection when they get washed out.

Old 05-19-18, 03:02 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 316 Votes on 280 Posts
I've painted 100s of garages with a curb like that. The baseboard gets nailed to the drywall/studs and the curb often gets painted with the wall/base. Ideally the curb would have been painted with the floor coating.

Old 05-19-18, 03:33 AM
Received 21 Votes on 21 Posts