Genie Screw Drive Door Opener Wonít Work

Old 10-18-18, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Genie Screw Drive Door Opener Wonít Work

Hi! I have an older genie screw drive door opener/mint condition (1/2 h4000a). Recently, it just stopped working. When I press the button, I hear a buzz/clicking sound twice from the opener itself (as if the motor is trying) but nothing happens. Sometimes it opens a few inches to a foot then stops. Now it just doesnít move.

Iíve replaced the *capacitor, *coupler, *sequence and *receiver boards as well as *optowheel and *rpm sensor. Same sound and issue.

-My sensors are solid green/red.

-Door moves smoothly while carriage is disengaged.

-Carriage trolly locks in place while engaged. Carriage does not move much when disengaged from door and Iím testing unit.

-Screw drive does turn when I manually turn opto wheel.

-Springs are fine.

-Iíve checked for issues with limit switches and the carriage and the rest seems fine.

My last resort is purchasing the motor. I canít seem to find anyone in forums whoís motor was blown. Does this sound like a motor issue? Also what part would be compatible to my unit? North shore parts carries Genie 32960R.S PMX 500 Garage Door Opener Motor Assy. 1/2hp. Would this work with my model?

Many thanks for any information you may have! Iíve replaced so many parts, Im officially in it for the long haul. Thank you!

Sponsored Links