Vents in attached garage

Old 05-23-01, 09:17 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question

My attached garage has vents on the roof, but the finished ceiling does not. I thinking about using the vents made for foundations that auto open and close, but will they work in a ceiling pointing down?

Thanks

Old 05-28-01, 03:13 AM
Why would you want a vent between your floor and ceiling. Not necessary. Open your garage door for a few minutes.

Old 05-29-01, 07:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Jack's right. Keep the heat in your attic in your attic. That's no typo. If you want to ventilate the lower area of your garage, use garage vents, otherwise known as suicide vents, along the the bottom of your walls.

Old 05-30-01, 05:12 AM
O
Question

Jack,
There is no floor above my garage, its attached garage, but no floor. Only thing above the ceiling in the garage is the roof of the garage. The reason for wanting to vent the garage is I keep, paints and chemicals that I dont want getting to hot. I just figured if I vented the ceiling to the attic above, which is vented to the outside it would keep the garage cooler. It was just a thought.

thanks

Old 05-31-01, 03:26 AM
Your point is well taken. If you want a vent in your garage roof, by all means put one in. By the way, by the time your garage gets too hot for your paints and chemicals, the fire dept will already be there. You will have more to worry about then your paint.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: