Garage won’t close with remote or keypad

Old 02-18-19, 10:24 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garage won’t close with remote or keypad

My garage will open just fine with the remote, but it will not close with remote or the keypad. The wall mount works just fine for both. I have replaced the batteries in both. I cannot see any obvious issue with the sensors. I also have not replaced any lightbulbs (with LED’s or otherwise). I’m at a loss?!?!

Old 02-18-19, 11:25 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Check the alignment of the sensors, there should be a green LED light on them if they are aligned correctly.

Old 02-18-19, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Any specific times of the day? Is sunlight hitting the sensors? How long have you lived there?

I almost said something about the RF receiver in the powerhead...but if it opens it should close unless the sensors tell it not to.

Make model and year would help also. Does the light in the motor flash or do you get any error codes (flashing light or LED)?

Old 02-19-19, 08:04 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I’ve lived here about two years, not sure when the door was installed. It is not affected by time of day - it doesn’t matter day or night. The only flashing I see Is when I try To use the keypad it flashes (I have Reset both the keypad and unplugged the opener itself to try that). The sensor light is Amber and green but I’ve cleaned both of those as well. I’ve replaced batteries in both the remote and the keypad.

Make:LiftMaster Model: 1200 1/3

Old 02-19-19, 08:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
it will not close with remote or the keypad. The wall mount works just fine for both.
The keypad is wireless like a remote. No wireless device will close it.
You are describing a faulty sensor system.

The amber LED eye is the transmitter. The green LED eye is the receiver.
Is the green LED dim or flickering ? It should be bright green.
It should go out when the beam is blocked.

Liftmaster 1200 manual (pdf)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: