Craftsman 139.53918D ignores down limit or wont learn at all

Old 03-29-19, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Craftsman 139.53918D ignores down limit or wont learn at all

I bought a Craftsman 139.53918D with the battery backup feature to use on the house and when i got it i tested it and found out the board was bad, i bought one and replaced it and it was working good, come today when i put it up on the door and set everything once more cause of a new board and it ignores the down limit setting, it worked at times where it would shut but now it absolutely seems to ignore it and it hits the safety feature and go right back up. I have set the limits multiple times and the force and it doesn't help any and also times it refuses to learn its up and down limits, what could be the issue? What else would i need to replace?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-19, 03:35 AM
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
If it's brand new take it back...Are the limits set by using the arrows on the circuit board?

Old 03-30-19, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, it is all digital unlike the other belt drive i had, not sure if i am doing something wrong in all honesty cause i have never owned an opener like this and i already replaced the logic board, not sure where to go from here if i should just put the other one up again and go for something else or what it may be

Old 03-31-19, 03:38 AM
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
Name:  liftmaster-41c6551-travel-module-63.gif.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  12.3 KBMore than likely the Travel Module is faulty, it keeps track of movement and sends a signal to the circuit board. It has 3 or 4 wires and is clipped to the bottom of the drive gear assembly.