Chamberlain door opener problem

Old 03-31-19, 01:23 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Chamberlain door opener problem

I was setting Homelink on my new truck to work with couple years old Chamberlain.
I finally made it work but as part of the process I had opened de powered, then powered back on. Pulled the plug.
Homelink now works but opener does this:
from either remote control, it will start closing the door, goes maybe a foot off the ground, then stops and starts rising up. If stopped from the wall pad and Down pressed again, it will close just fine.
So it sort of behaves like as if there is an obstacle at about one foot height, while there is none. Sensor lenses are clean, no obstacle I can possibly see.
Any ideas how to fix this? It's functioning, just annoying.
I'll recheck sensors alignment, just in case...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-19, 03:02 PM
Received 56 Votes on 51 Posts
Sounds like you're on the right track in regard to the sensors. I don't think you will see this looking down at them, but if you stand back in the garage 15' or so you should see an amber light in the front of one sensor and a green light in the front of the other one. If you can't see both of them there's your problem, most likely alignment, but could also be a bad connection or wire.

Old 03-31-19, 03:23 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Was the receiver sensor. Came out of alignment. Got down on my knees, reset it, all good.