Finishing pole garage

Old 04-05-19, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Finishing pole garage

Hello,
Years ago I bought my house with a pole barn type car port with it and I finally decided to enclose it. It is 24'x24' with 10' 6x6 poles and metal trusses and roof. Already has concrete slab.
I'm trying to figure out the simplest most cost effective way to put walls on it and probably a garage door and man door. I don't care about looks and interior/electrical I will do some time down the road.

I am trying to figure out the framing so I could draw something up and apply for a permit. Since the poles on the gable ends are 24' apart I imagine I need to add a couple more 6x6, fastened to the concrete. Then run 2x4's horizontally all around 24"OC. I'm not sure if the new posts need to be taller than 10' to attach them to the trusses or how well they will stay put being fastened to the concrete. The roof wood framing at the top extends out quite a bit and won't allow me to attach siding there, so does it attach to trusses?

Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-19, 10:09 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 124 Posts
Hard to tell with the underside of the roof being so dark in the picture, how is the roof constructed? From what I can see it doesn't have enough support.

To close it in I'd lay a course of 4" block and then erect a stud wall on top of it.

Old 04-05-19, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mine looks like this, the trusses are in that same position and I need the two posts added in, only difference is my roof framing extends further out so I won't be able to attach the siding to the top in the way this person did. (I guess??) I did have a contractor tell me that there will be a gap there.

I'm at work and didn't get the chance to take a better photo of what I have. I'd have someone else build it but I was quoted $15,000 and that doesn't include anything other than exterior frame and siding. Yep, not that rich.

Attached Images