Garage Door Not Level When Closed

Old 04-19-19, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Garage Door Not Level When Closed

My two car garage door with overhead torsion spring is not level to the ground when closed. The right side of door hits the ground when closed perfectly. The left side is about 1" above the ground.

The rubber seal does to seat all the way, lets light in.

Can I fix this..

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-19, 09:45 AM
Received 91 Votes on 83 Posts
First, let's clarify what is or is not level. Using a spirit level check the door and then put the level on the garage floor where the door meets it. Which one reads level?

If the door is out of level then do a GOOGLE search and you will see several You-Tube videos on how to correct it.

Old 04-19-19, 10:27 AM
Received 64 Votes on 59 Posts
Is this an old problem, a new problem, or you're not sure? Do you have an opener, and have you tried disconnecting it and operating the door manually? Along with checking for level as Norm said, check your tracks for plumb and to be sure there are no obstructions. Door seals eventually need replacement, but an inch sounds like more than just that. Sounds like it could be a worn or broken spring, or one that simply needs adjustment, for which I would suggest hiring a professional, but there are things you can check to verify the need.

Old 04-20-19, 04:16 AM
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Check your cables for frays... a bad cable can make the door off level. I would bet its the left side.