remote control delay

Old 07-11-19, 02:06 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
remote control delay

I have 3 overhead door openers and one of the remotes has developed a delay in response. I have to hold the button for several seconds and then the door will respond. This is the case for all three buttons on this one remote. The other two remotes function normally. The remote model number is ACSCTO Type 3. It was working just fine and this delay appeared suddenly a few weeks ago. I have replaced the battery twice and all batteries tested good. There is no corrosion in the battery terminals. Can you suggest a remedy?

Old 07-26-19, 07:52 AM
J
I have a 15 year old craftsman garage door opener. Both original remotes have died. I replaced one with a generic off of amazon. It works great. Just a quick press of the button and the door opens. It also has a pretty good range. The homelink remote that comes in most cars these days has a pretty good delay and limited range. I have to be in the driveway no more than 20 feet away from the door and have to hold the button for 3 sec. I just thought this was normal. If you find a way make this quicker I would love to know.

Old 07-29-19, 06:56 AM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Hi, have you tried reprogramming that button?
Geo

Old 07-29-19, 07:51 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
I have discovered that the problem has something to do with the flexible rubber that you mash to activate a button. If I leave the cover off and mash the tiny little button directly, everything works fine. With the cover on, the remote will not activate the door. I have placed some foam and then a tiny piece of formica inside the rubber button, but it still will not activate the button.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: