Under stair outdoor “shed”

Old 07-22-19, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Under stair outdoor “shed”

Here’s a photo of what I’m hoping to work on. Fully enclose the tractor under my outdoor stairs. Pretty handy with construction but a complete failure at design and conceptual thinking.

How would you enclose this area so the tractor can stay dry and safe during the winter?

Ps. And yes I know the stairs are done incorrectly. Bought the house like that. I reinforced them with some hangers/deck hardware. Seems pretty strong.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-19, 11:19 AM
Group Moderator
Received 192 Votes on 178 Posts
I honestly don't see a good way to do what you want. The biggest problem I see is building a waterproof roof. You have to be careful of what you build as it will collect debris and hold it and water next to the wood of your deck which can cause rot. You don't have height so anything you do will be right on the bottom of the joists. And with your stairs there the area is blocked off further creating a perfect home for rot and decay. I'm thinking a nice cover or tarp for the mower would be best.

Old 07-23-19, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How about a heavy duty tarp, weighted to stay in place, then some type of a vented door on the side of the landing/stairs to keep the tractor safe?