Knob and lock removed Garage door still won't open.

Old 09-07-19, 05:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Knob and lock removed Garage door still won't open.

Hi everyone. The code for the garage got messed up. Wasn't given any key or remote. Only had a code. The code isn't working but was working until I accidentally hit my last code button. I hit # instead of zero. I think I messed it up thinking I could reset it from the outside. Now the knob and lock is off, no chain visable on the side of the garage doors and the door still won't open.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-19, 08:18 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
you can probably reset the code and solve the problem. Do you have a manual?

Old 09-07-19, 11:05 AM
Group Moderator
Received 343 Votes on 321 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It shouldn't be that easy to change/corrupt the code.
Give us the model or a picture of what you have there..... How-to-insert-pictures.

They make a special release for a garage door that uses an opener and has no doors or windows. It gets installed in the door itself. It's a key type release where you put your key in, turn the lock and pull the lock out with the garage door opener rope attached. You can then mechanically release the door opener.

Old 09-09-19, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My neighbor allowed entry into his

Good morning! Thanks for your response. I'm in a Condo setting and the Garages are attached. My neighbors all let me know I could gain entry from climbing over from a neighbors garage. I just moved in so I had only quickly put stuff in and didn't realize it. I'm in now. Thanks again! This could help in the future should I ever get locked out again. One quick question though? If the code is ever messed up again would the remote work? I bought a remote, just wondering if I even need it. I won't be parking inside. Thanks!

Old 09-09-19, 11:33 AM
Group Moderator
Received 343 Votes on 321 Posts
If the code is ever messed up again would the remote work?
That depends. If it's a wireless door keypad control then it needs to be programmed at the same time as your car remote. If the wireless programming is corrupted.... you could lose both.