Door won't close 1% of the time...

Old 11-05-19, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Door won't close 1% of the time...

I have a 15 year old Liftmaster 3575. 99% of the time it works fine. Every month or two it will not close. It goes down some (either 2' or 4' depending on the incident) and then goes back up with the light flashing. I can get it down by either pulling it down as it closes, or holding the wired button in. Then it is fine for another month or two.

I have lubricated everything and replaced the rollers. The lights on the safety sensors are fine.

I have not increased the force setting; seems to me that if it is adequate 99% of the time, it ought to be adequate that last percent.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-19, 06:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 298 Votes on 272 Posts
Pull the disconnect cord and open and close the door by hand. Feel for binding, probably where your opener stops. Then look for the source. Look at the tracks for signs of scraping on the tracks. Look at where the door meets the house for signs of rubbing...

Old 11-06-19, 03:27 AM
Received 12 Votes on 12 Posts
If the light is flashing, it's an issue with the eye sensors. Make sure they are clean, pointed at each other and there is nothing on the door that blocks the sensors as it closes like a rope or cobwebs ect... Sometimes the eye sensors are clipped to the tracks, they can be mounted to the wall to prevent movement from the door when it moves.

Norm201 voted this post useful.
Old 11-06-19, 05:39 AM
Received 108 Votes on 99 Posts
The sensor might be faulty. I had a similar problem once. Seemed the sensors were working but they did not. Bought a new set and everything worked fine.