Liftmaster Garage Door Opener Remote Not Working

Old 12-03-19, 06:08 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Liftmaster Garage Door Opener Remote Not Working

I have a Liftmaster 2000SDR Garage DoorOpener. The door opens and closes fine using the wall buttons. The remote 3 button device does not work. Once in a blue moon it will work but just to open the door. I have tried new battery and obvious stuff (connections). Also I have a question. This opener has an external transformer that is 120VAC primary and 9VAC secondary. What is that 9 volts for? It goes into the garage door unit. This unit does not seem to have a schematic although I think it is code now to have it attached somewhere on the unit. Anybody have suggestions? Oh by the way, I unpaired the remote and repaired it. When I push the remote button a little light blinks on the main unit.

Old 12-03-19, 09:24 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Have you sync the remote with the head unit. While pressing the button on the head unit, also press the remote button at the same time for about 5 sec. Then try the remote.

Old 12-03-19, 01:18 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes I have done that. It looks like it is synced. The light flashes when you press the button but nothing happens

Old 12-04-19, 02:35 AM
Received 42 Upvotes on 41 Posts
There shouldn't be an external transformer, are you sure it's not an external receiver? can you post pics of both the opener and whats attached to it?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: