Allister Access 3500

Old 02-17-20, 04:30 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Allister Access 3500

Hello there.

I have an older Allister Access 3500 that just started acting up.

It gets stuck in the up position. When I press the button, wall or remote the motor runs but the door doesn't move. It looks like the plate that rides on the track is traveling too far and getting stuck on the housing. I could be wrong about this.

The chain hangs down on each side of the guide bar a bit. Not sure if it needs adjustment. Does seem like it's traveling a little too far.

I don't know anything about garage door openers this is the first time I've owned one.

Your help is appreciated.

Old 06-07-20, 06:21 AM
D
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
There are cams on the chain that hit the limit switches. The one on the right is for open. Yours may have fallen off or may be adjusted wrong. If you look on top of the head you will see the switches, when the cam hits the black toggle on the switch, it pushes it back and closes the open limit switch. If the cam is missing it may or should stop from the safety stop. At that time depending on what logic board you have the operator may try to open instead of close. If the open switch is not in the closed position (toggle pushed back), the logic board doesn't know the door is open and will try to open again. If the cam is there and traveling past the switch, the switch may be sticking or the chain may be too loose. This is not an uncommon problem.

Doorman2722 voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: