Garage Door not operating

Old 06-06-20, 08:22 PM
K
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Garage Door not operating

Opened the garage today morning , no problem. In the evening when I tried to close it , the motor started making noise but the door did not close.

I then closed it manually but the door opens up as soon as I release it .

The springs seem to be operating correct. Any idea what I need to look for ?

Old 06-07-20, 02:35 AM
B
Received 293 Upvotes on 260 Posts
I assume you disconnected the door opener drive to close the door manually. If the door then opened by itself, the springs rating are more than weight of door. Not a big issue but may want to get correct springs when springs need changing in future. Did the door opener work with the door disconnected? Did you look inside the door opener to see if something is jammed into the drive mechanism?

Old 06-07-20, 04:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Did you hold button down to lower door? Check for something in beam at door. If clear see if there are lights on sensors. Put your hand or a box in beam to see if one of the lights goes out. Check for alignment of beam. Should face each other.

Old 06-11-20, 12:19 PM
K
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Found the problem The gear is chewed up .

I am planning to replace the gear shaft but made a mistak . When I opened the chain, I forgot to mark the position. Can you help how the chain should be positioned? Basically need to know where the joint of the chain ( where you adjust the tightness) should be when door is closed ? Closer to the door or closer to the opener ?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: