Cannot find Rubber Weather Seal for my Garage Door

Old 07-27-20, 08:18 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cannot find Rubber Weather Seal for my Garage Door

I am replacing the trim and weather seal on my garage door. The trim was splitting and the rubber seal on the bottom was tearing in places and letting water in at the corners. Anyways, after removing the old rubber weather seal I looked all over town and online and cannot seem to find a replacement seal that matches the profile to fit into the c-shape channel on the garage door.

Reading online my garage door is supposed to have a metal retainer on the bottom that the rubber seal goes into, but my door seems to have a built-in channel that is not separately screwed into the door?

I attached pictures of the side view of the rubber seal to show the C-shape that I am looking for. Does anyone know if I can buy a new rubber seal that will fit this channel? If not, what is the best path forward to get a new rubber seal. I have never worked on a garage door and I thought everything would be pretty universal... I guess I was wrong...

Side-view of old rubber weather seal for bottom of garage door.

Picture of the "C" shape channel on the garage down which the weather seal slid in/out of. The garage door is flush on the otherside (no other channel)

Picture of the "C" shape channel on the garage down which the weather seal slid in/out of. The garage door is flush on the otherside (no other channel)

Old 07-27-20, 08:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
This would possibly work. See your local overhead door company.

Old 07-27-20, 09:08 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you! I compared against what I have and all the measurements align perfectly! I spent hours googling around for the different types of channels and different weather stripping and could not find that and you replied in 15 minutes with the exact part. I owe you a beer sir

Old 07-27-20, 09:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Sometimes I get lucky.

beelzebob voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: