Sunken Garden Shed

Old 01-15-21, 08:51 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sunken Garden Shed

Green area will be the building and red area will be levelled garden

Hi all, I am looking at building a 7m x 3m x3m garden shed suitable to build a golf simulator which is why I need 3m height.

my first step is to dig 1m out and level base. Then dig 200mm x 450mm foundations and concrete them followed by concrete slab with water proof membrane laid down underneath concrete and up to damp proof. I then will build my walls from concrete blocks and have single skin around with corners doubled and 2 more pillows along the 7m sides to help with support as 1 side will be acting as a retaining wall to level garden (poor pic provided). I will have a pent roof to finish this off but thats a while off as this is my side project.

Whats everyones ideas on keeping water out and stopping the building from floating or flooding.

Any advice, ideas or changes please feel free to help me out. Thank you

Old 01-15-21, 11:21 AM
Received 460 Votes on 429 Posts
Simple, you need good drainage!

All the water proofing in the world is not a long term solution!

Old 01-15-21, 12:42 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What drainage systems would you or other people recommend please.

Old 01-15-21, 03:27 PM
Received 460 Votes on 429 Posts
Look at your basement, you have footer tiles, pits, and sumps to collect and remove.

Maybe you have some type of existing drainage in the house that can be tapped?

You cant just dig a big hole and not expect water to collect under the worst case conditions!

Back yard looks like it slopes pretty good, a perimeter drain with a pipe going down to the back but neighbors might not like that!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: