Chain Drive Inner Slide Issue

Old 04-06-21, 06:48 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chain Drive Inner Slide Issue

Genie pro max pmx300ic/b door opener with exposed chain (t-rail). I just put this back up after taking it down a few years ago to use the garage as a studio so it is not new, it's circa 1996. I have replaced all the rails, springs, etc. and the door is in working order manually.

I put the Genie up and it has power, will light up, but it only moved the door an inch or so and stopped. I checked the end of the rail and found the chain drive inner slide to be popped off the chain and one screw bent. I removed the other screw and took the slide off the chain. I took the slide off another unit I have that I can take parts from if needed and popped it securely onto the chain and screwed it in place.

Turned opener on again, same issue. It bent a screw and popped the slide off the chain. I removed the slide and left it off to see if the chain would work without it. Chain will run complete cycle back and forth while slide is not in place but the door isn't opening or closing. I didn't expect it to but wanted to see if the chain had any other issues.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't want to pay someone to come out after I just reinstalled the entire kit and kaboodle just to have them fix something that's probably minor. I tried to attach a pic but the site isn't loading it.

Old 04-07-21, 01:06 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
For anyone else that might end up with this issue, the answer literally came to me in my sleep.

With the door closed, the chain was trying to close it again. So it was pulling the inner slide forward. Duh. I just disconnected the trolley and slide again, ran the motor so that it was in the "door closed' position, reconnected inner slide and trolley and hit the button. Working perfectly. Definitely a duh moment.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: