contractors- general or specific?

Old 07-09-01, 12:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Hello,
I am going to build a 30'x36' garage from a kit. This garage will have power and water and is not attatched to the house. I want to have a contractor or contractors do the concrete, power, and plumbing (cold water, utility sink, drain. Is it better and/or cheaper to hire a general contractor or seperate contractors for each of those 3 things? If I hire seperately, will it be difficult to get the plumbing contractor and the concrete contractor to understand whatever the other needs to consider or will they sort of already know from experience? Thank you for any help or advice you can offer- this is my first project of this sort.

Old 07-13-01, 03:51 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just hire one contractor. He will take care of getting a plumber or electrician if he needs to. Some like myself do not need to, others do. It will save you some money and alot of time. when a contractor calls an electrician they come right out. When you call they say two weeks. Thats how it is. You are a one time job. The contractor is often. If you are building the garage yourself you will not need an electrician until your done. So forget him. You can call him later. Tip: Tell your contractor when they pour the concrete to put your bolts 5' on center instead of 6'. Makes it easier for you to work. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: