Garage door opener

Old 12-30-01, 09:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Question Garage door opener

I have a Chamberlain series PD600 door opener. When the door closes it hits hard. I tried to adjust the force control to let it hit easier. No luck. Could the door be too light for this type opener? It is a chain drive type.

Old 01-02-02, 11:37 AM
Group Moderator
Received 172 Likes on 134 Posts
Just a thought as I'm not familiar with that brand; check to see if you have an adjustment for travel, that is how far up or down the door travels before it stops. The "down" travel may be adjusted too far dowm. If you can adjust it for a little less travel in the down direction it may fix it. Good luck.

jws

Old 01-02-02, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your door hits hard when it closes, it is usually not the opener.
The opener should actually force the door shut. I would look towards the door springs. Possibley a weak spring or a cracked spring.

Old 01-02-02, 03:51 PM
Group Moderator
Received 172 Likes on 134 Posts
Good thought, Jack, reminds me of first opener I ever installed - took the springs and hardware completely off and then couldn't figure out why the door opener wouldn't raise the door.

Old 01-04-02, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life is funny isn't it. That reminds me of the one a year or so ago who wrote in as to why his new opener and new door would not open on his new house. He go probably 20 answers. After reading them, I suggested he plug his opener in. He answered back "Thanks for the advice, it works great now". Have a good one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: