Repair Garage Wall

Old 01-27-02, 07:08 AM
Visiting Guest
Repair Garage Wall

We have a garage that is in need of major repairs. The whole back wall is gone and another wall is well on its way. The inside of the garage has 2 other rooms w/sheetrock and a loft. What would be the best way to close in this garage? Someone recommended using durorock. Everything I have read about durorock leads me to believe this is used only for tile. We only have to replace a few studs. We plan to do this work ourselves (I hope). If anyone could help that would be great!! Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-02, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You did not give us much information as to the structure, but off the cuff I would say to use 5/8" osb board. Very strong and easy to work with. I would be glad to help. I have to work in below zero weather this week.

Old 01-28-02, 05:58 AM
Visiting Guest
Sorry about the lack of structure info. The slab is in great condition no cracks, the other wall (right side) is made of 1' concrete with mesquite logs inlaid into the concrete, so that wall is fine. It is just that back wall and left wall and while we are at it the front may need some new wood. I have noticed a black board type of material that is under the siding. I appreciate your post, and don't freeze today!