1" gap at garage door top

Old 04-18-02, 09:53 AM
eronan6709
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 1" gap at garage door top

I need to get the top of a single 9' by 7' jointed wood garage door closer to the trim on the house framing. There is currently a 1" opening at the top which wasps are using to gain entrance to the garage...How can I adjust this gap?

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-02, 10:37 AM
tedn332
Visiting Guest
Check the top roller brackets. They should be slotted to allow you to adjust the clearance between the door and the trim.

Old 04-19-02, 08:47 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It sounds to me that your closer arm,( a black arm that hooks to the garage door) is not adjusted properly. There are some adjustment holes in the two bars, the you can adjust them to give more throw to the top of the door. You do not want to make it tight against the wall. Also, do you have a garage door sealer
strip on the top of your door on the outside ?

Old 04-19-02, 04:32 PM
eronan6709
Visiting Guest
Jack,

Thank you. I tried the first suggestion, but can't close the gap enough without getting the door to auto reverse when the roller hits the bump in the track.

I wanted to close the gap because I am adding weatherstripping. I was concerned because the gap is equal to my weatherstripping, 1".

I'll try adjusting the center bracket and see if that closes the gap some. It's a sectional wood door that seems more bowed than anything.

What has happened is that with the warm weather, my wife was welcomed by 7 wasps in the garage. I'll let you know how the adjustments go and if the weatherstripping closes the gap.

If you have any suggestions for straightening the bow, I'm all ears.

Thank you for your help.