door is off track and tension

Old 04-19-02, 10:11 PM
terdavenport
Visiting Guest
Question door is off track and tension

my garage door is off track and the tension is also off, how do i get them both back on?? it has a spring thing in the middle of the door. i don't have the money to spend to hire it done. once the track is fixed then how do i get the tension back? it is all the way down now and both sides are off tension.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-02, 01:10 PM
BSB
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What type of spring system is installed? the 2 springs on either side fo the door that connect to the rear track supports or the cyclinder spring that spans between the two tracks? If its the cycinder I would be hessitant about attempting service with out a manual or help from some one that has experience with this type. More then likely the springs of this type will need to pe replaced, and have heard that its a bear and there is a chance of back lash if a step is missed or done incorrectly.

Brian.

Old 04-23-02, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Terdavenport: If your door spring is unwound and I am sure that it is. I have some bad news for you. As moderator of this forum, I must inform you that we will not give out any information which could result in a dangerous to the owner. Resetting a torsion is very dangerous. Without proper tools, even worse. With no experience, it is a receipe for some dangerous injuries such as a torn off thumb, teeth knocked out, broken jaw, and I can go on.
I just saw recently in the paper where a man was killed. Thats not good. Maybe you can find a friend to help you. Without the paper work that came with the spring, you would not know the correct tension to set it at. Sorry about this information.