garage door opener

Old 04-21-02, 05:36 AM
fiddle
Visiting Guest
garage door opener

I just moved into a house with a Craftsman garage door opener, the problem is there is a key pad outside the door that is supposed to open the door with the required code. I dont know the code and the old homeowner said he never programmed it. I've tried to reset it by removing the battery and putting in my own code but it just wont work. Does anyone know how to reset one of these controllers?????? Sears said they can sell me a new one but not fix this one hahaha. thanks in advance for your help---Cliff

Old 04-21-02, 10:35 AM
Patriot
Visiting Guest
Hi Cliff,
I just put one of these in my garage last year, not sure how old yours is but here's how mine worked you can give it a try on yours. 1. Decide on a 4 digit code 2. press the selected code digits on the keypad; then press and hold the enter button, then press the green "SRT" button on the back of the opener itself, this would be easier to do with two people, otherwise you will have to remove the keypad to do it yourself. 3. After you press the "SRT" button on the opener depending on the model either the lights will flash or the door will begin to move; at this point you can release the enter button on the keypad, the opener has now learned the new code. Now try your new code to see if it works, you have to press the 4 digits for your code then just press enter once and it should work. Take care and good luck.

Old 04-21-02, 02:38 PM
fiddle
Visiting Guest
Patriot----THANKS ALOT for your help, the remote door opener works great now !!!!!!!!! thanks again :

Old 04-22-02, 12:09 AM
Patriot
Visiting Guest
No problem, glad it worked for you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: