garage door is "bucking"

Old 05-19-02, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
garage door is "bucking"

My garage door is powered by a garage door opener...when the door is going down,it gets about half way down and it starts to "sway " and buck..somethings not right ..the door does get to the down posistion but I'm worried some thing might really go hay-wire if I dont fix it..any suggestions???

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-02, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Garage door maintenance

"Annually inspect all exposed garage door hardware, including springs, cables, rollers, and pulleys, for signs of wear. Call your dealer or a person qualified to make repairs if you suspect any problems. Source: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Check the hinges and rollers of your garage door seasonally to see if they seem to squeak or stick. If they do, you may need to use a spray silicone or lightweight household oil to lubricate them and keep them in working order. Check the garage door owner's manual for complete instructions and lubricant types acceptable for use on your door. Source: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Test the garage door opener's safety reversal feature once a month. Place an object, such as a 2 x 4 piece of wood, flat on the ground in the center of the garage door. Push the control button to close the door and watch to see if it reverses upon contact with the object. If the door does not reverse, have a qualified individual inspect your garage door system, and replace or repair the opener or other malfunctioning parts. Perform the 2 X 4 test again after fixing the problem to ensure that the reversal function now works. Source: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission"
Retrieved 26 May 2002. http://www.wayne-dalton.com/HelpfulT...nMaintReqd.asp