foundation/floor...new garage?... HELP!

Old 05-23-02, 04:19 AM
lowschwinn
Visiting Guest
foundation/floor...new garage?... HELP!

i'm planning a 30' x 32' single story garage... 12-12 pitch on the roof... a 14' x 31' room upstairs(attic)... to pour the footer & floor at one time so that they are one unit (not sure what that's called)... on top of the floor, i'm going to lay three corses(sp?) of 8" block... then continue upward with 8' lumber for a 10' ceiling height... i'm obviously going to need a beam running the 32' length to support the ceiling/floor.......QUESTIONS??....... what type of beam should i use?... what should i use to support the beam?... how many supports?... where those supports push on the floor, what should i do in the pouring process to prepare the floor/footer for this kind of downward force???... i can attach my plans to another post if that would help... any help, links, or info of any kind would be GREATLY appreciated!

thanx,

JAMES

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-02, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The very first thing you need to do, is to take this list of questions to your building permit department and ask them. The answers to your questions vary all across the country and from city to city.
They will tell what you can and cannot do, and also how they want it done. Good Luck