Tearing down an old 2 car detached garage!

Old 06-01-02, 03:27 PM
STuron
Visiting Guest
Angry Tearing down an old 2 car detached garage!

We are in the middle of a project gone bad. A very dilapitated? two car garage concrete block which we are attempting to demolish is proving to be a challenge.

We thought we would be able to climb up on top of the roof, rip the shingles/nails and roofing rolls off to expose the 1 x 6's? Unfortunatly not only is a triple roof but the 1 x 6's are severely rotted. It appears unsafe to climb on the roof at this point. (as we might fall thru!) there is a small crawl space in the top of the roof, so if we did fall thru I guess the fall would be broken slightly. My benevolant other thinks I need severe medication.

Any suggestions on how to approach this project without using C-4?

Tomorrow we will have to make a decision as the dumpster is only onsight for 10 days!

We have all the windows out, the door off and aprox 6 feet on either side of neighbors.

Thanks for your help.

Suz

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-02, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Removing old garage

Typically unsafe structures are knocked down with a bulldozer. Make sure you check with local authorities regarding any permits for the demolition.

Old 06-03-02, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Get a ladder, climb up on it, poke ahole in your roof, drop a chain or cable through it fis the cable, secure the other end to your pickup and drive forward. Repeat in 3 or 4 foot intervals. Not a problem, just a big mess. Or if you know someone with a backhoe, then have him stick his bucket through the roof and tear it down. Good Luck