Garage Door Opener-Sensors w/One Piece Door?

Old 06-30-02, 10:39 AM
nt_venture
Visiting Guest
Garage Door Opener-Sensors w/One Piece Door?

I have a single car garage with a solid wooden door (not a rolling type). I can not find a place to install the sensors with all the springs and metal arms that are in the way near the bottom of the door.

The manual says they should be within 6" of the floor, and I don't know how I can do this. FYI, opener is a new 1/2HP Sears.

Is there a trick in the industry for this type of thing? Maybe replace the springs with something smaller?

I'd prefer not to have to buy a new door for $250+, and I realize I can mount the sensors anywhere (like on the ceiling) and just point them at each other, but we have a small child and we'd like to have the safety of the sensors if possible.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-02, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
One idea might be to put the sensors just inside off of the springs, and etc. You might have to be careful to not hit them as they would be right at the opening. Good Luck

Old 07-01-02, 06:14 AM
doorman28/88
Visiting Guest
mount the brakets to the concrete floor, thats what my guys do most of the time. just be sure to raise and lower the door to make sure everything clears before final mounting.

good luck