apricot tree

Old 10-01-02, 06:45 AM
VIN FIN
Visiting Guest
Angry apricot tree

HELP PLEASE! DEER GOT TO OUR TREE LAST NIGHT AND ATE ABOUT HALF THE BARK OFF OF THE TRUNK, STILL HAS PLENTY OF LEAVES LEFT. WE PLNTED IT LAST SPRING AND IT IS 8' TALL .WHAT CAN WE DO TO SAVE IT? IT WAS PLANTED IN MEMORY OF MY WIFE'S GRANDMOTHER.THANKS FOLKS.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-02, 09:24 PM
Smile Deer Problems

Your post (Winter Protection For New Apricot ) is in this forum now.

Get some tree wound dressing on wounds now! Yellow bottle black top. Garden stores, farm supply, landscaping supplies & places they sell garden equipment.

Get some plastic tree wrap trunk protector, and put it from ground to first branch or higher if needed. It winds on like spiral just be careful if you have to go over a branch, it can cut into the branch. If branches are low & being eaten they too can be covered with the plastic tree wrap.

Also you can get some tapered cages to protect young trees from deer. Call your farm & landscapers supply stores they carry more tree protection tools than a garden supply.

Much of the trunk bark will grow back under the tree wound dressing, so as long as the deer have not girdiled the trunk, the tree should live.

There are some tricks that work on keeping deer away from your trees depending on where you live. Do a search on Google.com for deer repelents & you will find quite a few.

Lion dung does not work. Noise makers work when they are asleep during the day. Flash Bang Bobby traps (Bird Bombs) are very effective but tend to make close by residents go nuts at 3am

I have seen some write ups on some new Dog & Deer repellants that show great promise.

Marturo

Old 10-02-02, 09:16 PM
VIN FIN
Visiting Guest
Exclamation APRICOT TREE

TANK YOU,MARTURO AND TWELVEPOLE ADVICE TAKEN, TREEIS SEALED AND WRAPPED. I ALSO PUT UP A 5'FENCE AROUND 6' IN A
DIAMETER WITH 2' HIGH CHICKEN WIRE AT THE BOTTOM, THIS SHOLD KEEP THE TREE SAFE ; THANKS AGAIN FOLKS