need indoor plant advise

Old 10-01-02, 11:55 AM
daisymae
Visiting Guest
need indoor plant advise

i just got an amazing indoor ivy given to me but i am definatley not a green thumb. i need advise on how to take care of an ivy. like how much sun and water ect. thanks for any help you can give me.
daisy

Old 10-02-02, 04:12 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Daisy,

Welcome to DoItYourself! It would help if you could tell us exactly which ivy you have. Most ivy like a bright spot and don't need direct sun. A room with a south or west facing window would be ideal. Water when the top inch of the soil is dry. Use a good potting soil.

Ivy belongs to the botanical family Hedera. When you search it's always best to use the botanical or Latin name if you have it. If you have a plant tag, or know the name of the ivy, you can do a search at www.google.com and put the name in quotes like this: "Hedera helix Glacier". This would be commonly called Glacier ivy. You can also click on 'Images' at google and often get pictures.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need more information.

Regards,
Newt

Old 10-02-02, 04:13 PM
N
Hi Daisy,

Welcome to DoItYourself! It would help if you could tell us exactly which ivy you have. Most ivy like a bright spot and don't need direct sun. A room with a south or west facing window would be ideal. Water when the top inch of the soil is dry. The water should run through the pot into the saucer. Don't leave water in the saucer for more than an hour as this could cause root rot. Use a good potting soil.

Ivy belongs to the botanical family Hedera. When you search it's always best to use the botanical or Latin name if you have it. If you have a plant tag, or know the name of the ivy, you can do a search at www.google.com and put the name in quotes like this: "Hedera helix Glacier". This would be commonly called Glacier ivy. You can also click on 'Images' at google and often get pictures.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need more information.

Regards,
Newt

Old 10-03-02, 07:14 PM
daisymae
Visiting Guest
thanks newt

i think it is an english ivy. the info you gave me is perfect. anything else would just go over my head. the plant didn't have a tag. i am a hairstylist and one of my clients gave it to me. she had it outside and gave it to me ina bag. so potted it with the soil she had allready with it. so far so good. thanks again.
daisy

Old 10-03-02, 08:05 PM
N
You're so very welcome. Let us know if you need anything else.

Newt

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: