Logee's Greenhouses

Old 11-11-02, 06:57 AM
Logee's Greenhouses

Hi gang!

If any of you ever plan on coming to the New England area, I would recommend stopping by Logee's Greenhouses in Danielson, Connecticut. In the past couple of weeks, I have taken a strong interest in citrus and tropical fruit trees, and went out to Barnes & Noble and bought some books on citrus. In the back of the Ortho's book, it mention Logee's, and I went and checked it out yesterday. Unfortunately, it was closed, but I caught a glimpse of the back of the building, and there are about 7 or 8 20' long greenhouses. It really didnt strike me as the type of place that would have a web site, but I'm anxious to go back on Saturday and check it out. For those of you interested, the URL is http://www.logees.com/store/ It's right off Route 12, so it's easily accessible.

You can chalk up my interest in citrus and tropical fruit to my friend Derek. His living room looks like a jungle with all of his stuff. He's got 3 avocado trees, date trees, a fig tree, and lemon seeds sprouting. So I went to the nursery the other day and bought a banana plant and a grapefruit tree. I plan on putting in a glass greenhouse next spring in addition to the polyethelene one I already have; Tracey has already given me the lecture I want to make it a tropical fruit house. The digital camera I have here at work takes lousy pictures, otherwise I would shoot a couple and put them on Sierra. Just thought I'd pass along this bit of info on what appears to be a great nursery

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-02, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info, Bomber. I had a friend who moved away and she had a lemon tree that always smelled wonderful when it was in bloom. I sure miss her and the tree!

Newt