Catalog Information

Old 12-04-02, 09:50 AM
Question Catalog Information

Hey guys!
I guess we can say the 2003 season has officially begun as I received a couple of catalogs yesterday. Anyone ever bought from Vermont Bean Seed Company (www.vermontbean.com) or Totally Tomatoes (www.totallytomato.com)? Those are the two catalogs I got. They look like they have good stuff, but it all goes beack to reputation. Any feedback?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-02, 12:42 PM
Smile Good seed Bad seed

Hi Bomber,

I bought from Vermont Bean Seed Company for 12 years, now I have not in the past 6 years eversince their buyout.

So with that in mind I can only say they were the bean people to buy from before. Now I think I would want to know if they have been bought out by a seed Co-op.

This type takes over Companies with a name. Then they buy seed from anywhere, some good some very bad. Short of looking them up in that link I listed to see what other Gardeners have to say. That's all I have to say.

Now for Totally Tomatoes I will dig back through my Tax & recipets & let you know if it was Totally Tomatoes or Tomatoes Gwowers Wherehouse that sold us 5 kinds of Tomatoes that were no good. The Brandywines that people waited for all summer were bitter. I sure will get back to you on them.

Have you checked them out on the Link?

Just one word of caution to all. We have a link that we can look up different seed houses & plant supply stores. Please remember 2 rule of thought when making a judgement.

If a Seed house sells to hundreds of Thousands of Gardeners & 100 customers are unhappy. Do make sure that most of the angry people have a common gripe. If most had trouble getting the right seeds I would worry. If most folks had very differend gripes I would think hey you can't please everyone.

I'll get back to you on the Totally Tomatoes Bomber.

Marturo

Old 12-05-02, 07:45 AM
The times - they are a-flyin' :)

Hey Marturo,
Thanks for the words. Actually, the Vermont Bean catalog looks pretty good. They have the mushroom kit I have been looking for for a while for only $19.95 I also bought a greenhouse for my grandfather for christmas and we will use that as a seed house in the spring. My master gardener program begins January 15, and hopefully, it will be a launching pad to opening a greenhouse with my friend Derek. I will be awaiting your advice on Totally Tomatoes If you want, feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] Thanks

Eric