Pulling Shrubs? Please help!

Old 03-28-03, 07:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Pulling Shrubs? Please help!

I am about to remove some large shrubs out this weekend, and someone mentioned that I should use a "come-a-long winch" for this.

Said I could rent one at Home Depot. Can anyone please advise on what this is? Is this something used to leverage the roots from the ground?

Old 03-28-03, 02:06 PM
slumlordfrank's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Where time and space begin
Posts: 697
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
removing shrubs

Doubt that you would rent one, I think they cost about $25, but HOW THE HECK BIG ARE THOSE SHRUBS, and more importantly what will you anchor the come-along to?
It's a spool of (1/4" or 3/8") cable, with a ratcheting action for winding it up. Depending on it's size can be used for pulling car engines, hauling boats up onto trailers, or even pulling shrubs. I realize this is a bad description, but if you could see my hands moving you would understand what I mean.
Old 03-31-03, 06:17 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks, for the reply, Frank.

Yep, I found out that they are pretty inexpensive. Actually, I pulled the shrubs out the old-fashioned way. With a showel, a pruner, and a trowel.

They HUGE (about 20 years old), and took about six hours to pull three of them out.

Anyway, it all worked out for the best.

Thanks again

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: