Help - Don't Know What To Do??

Old 04-07-03, 12:18 PM
jimenje
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Help - Don't Know What To Do??

HOW CAN I SETUP A SMALL GARDENING IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE THAT CAN LOOK GOOD DURING THE SUMMER AS WELL AS THE WINTER.

Old 04-07-03, 07:32 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You know, we could help a great deal if we knew what part of the country you live in, or if you have a lot of time to garden, or if you like annuals or perennials, or are looking to have a big or small garden. City gardens are different from country gardens. Azaleas tend to look nice all year long in the southern part of the country.

Last edited by chfite; 04-07-03 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-07-03, 08:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Jimenje
Welcome to the DIY Gardening Forum! Where do you live, and what colors are you looking for? If you could provide us with that info, then we can better help you out. It's true that azaleas are nice, but again, depending on where you live, the bloom time will vary.

Give us that info, and we can help you plan a beautiful garden that will be the envy of the neighborhood

Bomber

Old 04-08-03, 07:59 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Jimenje,

Just to add my 2 cents - I have a lot of flowers in the front yard and some evergreen bushes close to the house. The flowerbeds are on both sides of the driveway, on the other front side and the other side of the sidewalk that parallels with the house. During the summer, neighbors will stop and tell me how pretty it is. I thought it was great...Until my daughter brought a new boyfriend home for the first time. It was winter. She told him our yard was really pretty in the summer, but ugly in the winter.

I learned a lot from that comment and have been looking around at what I call "appealing" yards in the winter. They are mostly evergreen trees and shrubs of different sizes and varieties. Curved borders, etc. Maybe some ornamental grasses thrown in that still look attractive with their plumage waving in the wind. You could make separate groupings and leave room for some flowers that could be cut back in the winter.

I thought I'd let you know the lesson I learned the hard way.

Now, what part of the country are you in?

Gami

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: