Tall Plants

Old 05-03-03, 11:50 PM
rlrcstrs
Visiting Guest
Tall Plants

I just wrote another message about the two flower beds I have on my patio. One of these flower beds has a larger area as it backs on to the window and then turns to begin the second flower bed. The larger area by the window is four feet deep and about five feet long (the length of the window).

The A/C compressor sits in the middle of this area, about two feet out from the window. Are there any tall plants I could put behind that compressor (condensing unit, I think it's called)?

Also, in the corner where the two flower beds meet, there is nothing at all. I'd like to put a tall trailing something, but what? It's a difficult corner to get at so i thought perhaps I could get one of those fences you buy (with the diamond shaped slats in them) to trail a plant or rose on but how many years does it take to trail something? Naturally, I want instant results, lol!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-03, 07:28 AM
Let me prefis this by saying I AM NOT an experienced gardener - just learning the art myself -
How about peonies behind the air conditioner?
As to the plant for climging on the fence - how about a clematis - grows rather quickly

Old 05-04-03, 10:22 AM
rlrcstrs
Visiting Guest
What's that lol?

Don't laugh - but what do peonies look like?

(Told you I am a beginner )

Old 05-04-03, 03:34 PM
I understand - my guess is I am only a little further along than you!!! The only reason I know about peonies is the last house I lived in had them - planted by the person that owned the hous before me. They have great flowers and they get pretty tall (maybe 36 inches ????) You can find photes of them and other information at:
http://www.euskalnet.net/xirigoien/peonia.htm#gardens

Good luck !!!!

Old 05-04-03, 06:22 PM
Remember to keep plants so that they do not touch the exterior of your house if it is wood. The constant availability of moisture from the plant will eventually cause problems such as mildew.

Good luck.

Old 05-04-03, 06:28 PM
rlrcstrs
Visiting Guest
Peonies

Very good point! Thanks for telling me, because the outside of the condo at the back IS wood!

Can I plant peonies from seed rather than using baby plants?