How Many Seeds

Old 05-15-03, 10:33 PM
rlrcstrs
Visiting Guest
How Many Seeds

I am about to try my hand at planting seeds (flowers).

If, for example, the instructions say to plant seeds 12 inches apart, do I put in ONE seed, then skip 12 inches, and then ANOTHER seed - i.e. one seed at a time - or do I put about six seeds in, skip 12 inches, then another six or so.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-03, 10:54 AM
cweaver73
Visiting Guest
Without knowing what type of flower you are trying to grow . . . I would place a seed every 2-3 inches and then thin to about 12" once the seedlings are up. leave the healthiest and don;t worry if you are not exactly 12".

or start in pots and transfer after first set of true leaves (usually the second set)

good luck

Old 05-16-03, 11:30 AM
rlrcstrs
Visiting Guest
Seeds

Originally posted by cweaver73
Without knowing what type of flower you are trying to grow . . . I would place a seed every 2-3 inches and then thin to about 12" once the seedlings are up. leave the healthiest and don;t worry if you are not exactly 12".

or start in pots and transfer after first set of true leaves (usually the second set)

good luck
One is Morning Glory. I also would like to get some Nasturtium seeds and I believe I saw miniature pansies.

Old 05-16-03, 12:45 PM
cweaver73
Visiting Guest
Nasturtium doesn't transplant well so i wouldn't start in pots, just plant as i said every couple of inches and thin later.