Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Gardening and Horticulture
Reload this Page >

Midseason report on Surround new Garden Technology.

Midseason report on Surround new Garden Technology.

Old 06-21-03, 07:56 PM
Smile Midseason report on Surround new Garden Technology.

Some of you will remember I said we would be trying a new & interesting product called Surround, this season on the Farm.

While Surround may be like us trying to eat a PB&J sandwich with a fine spray of clay on it. This new technology has many new tricks not seen before.

It's classified as a plant enhancement & protectant. On this first day of Summer, we have used it on our Fruit trees & many Vegetables. So far it has been a real eye opener.

After it dries from a fine spray it turns bright white. From what I have read, that change in color & feel on the feet of an insect, can cause the bug to look elsewhere for a more familiar food source.

From what we have seen so far in both newly transplanted plants, to Vegetables that would tend to wilt in the hot midday sun. Plants don't wilt & like the Company says, by keeping the plant tissues cooler, plants will continue to convert food longer into the heat of the day.

Unlike the clear antitranspirants that control water loss, the white fine clay, interlocking particals, reflect the infrared heat & keeps the plants & Trees cooler.

It's still to early to say what plant pests, we are getting protection from, however our Asian Pears show no signs, of being hit by the plum or Apple Curculio. Last year every Pear, had the bite like scar from this Curculio.

Just from the way it covers & protects the bark, on the trees. I have to believe, the hiding places that many bugs use to lay eggs & then hatch, & attack the tree, are not as comfortable as they were last season.

We have seen our early cool weather crops go longer before bolting (Going to seed) than in years past. That's about it for now, I will let you know more as summer gives us it's worst of Bugs & heat yet to come.

http://www.engelhard.com/db/templat...w.engelhard.com

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-03, 12:10 PM
PS

Oh BTW! Surround is going to be more helpful to the Home Owner Gardener, than any other group of growers.

Rose Gardens, Vegetable plants, House plants, even a burned spot in your lawn, comes back faster with Surround.

We Gardeners have just seen the Tip of the IceBurg