Crispy Lily of the Valley Foliage??????

Old 08-10-03, 03:07 PM
sparkie
Visiting Guest
Crispy Lily of the Valley Foliage??????

LILY OF THE VALLEY: I have alot of older variety Lily of the Valley and the foliage is all yellow/brown and crispy. I don't remember seeing this before. I live in southern Michigan (zone 5) and we have had more rain then usual this summer. Nothing else has changed this year.

What I do know about these perennials are that they are vigorous growers, like shade and moisture. I did use some Round-up near them but I can't believe I was that sloppy w/ the spray.

Got any ideas? Or is this customary for them in mid-August?

YUCCA: Also, should I cut off the 2 flower stalks from my yucca since they only have the hard pods left on them? And can I propogate from these pods? If so, this year or wait til next spring? I need to transplant these big yucca and wondering best time to do that. AND, some years they don't send up a stalk or only one plant does??

Thanks for your time!

Pat

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-03, 03:42 PM
Lily of the Valley seems to be a plant free from trouble, including drought. The recommendation is for top dressing annually. I cannot find anything that explains your dilemma. It may be the roundup got to the plant somehow. You will have to wait it out.

Here is a site that discusses propagation of yucca. Scroll down about 2/3 of the page.

http://www.bennyskaktus.dk/Y_grow_UK.htm

Hope this helps.