gutter drainage


Old 09-01-03, 07:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
gutter drainage

I am landscaping a new home. Black 4 inch flexible pipe was connected to the downspounts and run under the walkways. How do I now terminate these into my lawn so that they drain properly?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-03, 10:00 AM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,483
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I assume that they don't run into a drywell or swale. You can bring them to the surface and cut the ends even with the soil so that the water just flows out. This can be referred to as daylighting. Your yard would need some slope to it to do this

You could build a swale (shallow ditch or depression for the temporary impoundment of storm drainage) where the pipes can terminate and empty. These are more common in newly constructed subdivisions, shopping centers, and office parks.

You could build a mulch lagoon for them to drain into from which the water can percolate into the surrounding soil. A mulch lagoon is essentially a hole in the ground, filled with hardwood mulch to provide a place for water to collect while it percolates into the surrounding soil. You can plant in the mulch and around the lagoon for decoration and to hasten the use of the water.

You could connect them into a central line and run it to a discharge point such as a storm drain at the roadway, if that is permitted in your locale.

Then there are unrolling ends like this:

There are many options. Hope this helps.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: