Sick Hibiscus

Old 12-17-03, 05:14 PM
texas lady
Visiting Guest
Question Sick Hibiscus

hi everyone, its been a while since i have been here. i really need some help. i have a hibiscus, i know its the tropical kind. so ihave moved it indoors for the winter.last week i noticed the leaves starting to turn yellow, and falling off.looks awful. icheck in my books said make sure they have good light. did that , today i noticed what looks like,mites. the are white and you can see them moving.what do i do to get rid of them.it was a beauitful plant.it was blooming up till about 2 weeks ago. help somebody. Thanks Again Texas Lady

Old 12-17-03, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Sap suckers

Hi texas lady.

Mites, Aphids or white fly. Go to your local nursery & get Brand name Green Light Neem oil & follow the directions. Repete every 5 to 7 days for 2 months.

Make sure to spray the soil surface.

Old 12-18-03, 08:44 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
it could be scale insects. they are round to oval, usually white and sort of fluffy. they are about the size of a BB. they can be controlled pretty easy before they attatch to the plant and put on their shell. any common insecticide labeled for hibiscus should work. wait till a warm day and take it outside and drench the whole plant. be sure to get the under sides of the leaves also.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: