Stupid but funny, bird lovers

Old 03-07-04, 03:47 AM
Y
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stupid but funny, bird lovers

It's pretty stupid but I thought I would share. I feed a bunch of wild cats that live in the woods next to my house. Every day I put out a big bowl of dry cat food but the funny thing is that if the cats don't get to it fast enough the blue jays eat it all up. I mean one after another they they just love that stuff.

Old 03-07-04, 08:30 AM
C
Maybe the cats are letting the birds in first, so that fresh bird will be on the menu.

Old 03-08-04, 05:34 PM
T
Feeding birds

I tend to always agree with chifte's advice. If the cats lie low while the birds feed, then they do so for a reason. Feeding stray cats tends not to be recommended. These cats tend not to be licensed or innoculated and can carry diseases such as rabies. If you have pets of your own (I assume you do because you have dog food on hand), then this is not a good practice. It is also not a good practice if you are a bird lover. If you are a bird lover, you will keep pet food dishes clean and not leave them set outdoors. You will tend not only to attract stray cats and dogs but rodents, birds, insects, and other pests. Keeping the landscape clean of food sources tends to minimize pests and their predators.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: