tree roots

Old 04-08-04, 07:32 PM
BERRYMAN
Visiting Guest
tree roots

I have this tree in my backyard good for shade,but here's my problem this tree roots are so wild and out of control some are coming above ground.now here's my question can i order some top soil and relevel the backyard over the roots or do i have to have the tree removed and start from there.also i recieved a quote from one tree service co. 650$ does that sound right any help plz let me know

Old 04-08-04, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hello BERRYMAN and Welcome to DoItYourself.com

What kind of tree is it and what is the height & spread?

If the tree has roots above grade, they are necessary at that level either for support or as part of the network of nutrient collection - Many trees with roots like this will not survive if the roots are buried.

Does the price you got include grinding the roots down and disposal of the wood and branches? If so, it would seem about right. If not, maybe the size, location (to move the cut wood and debris to waiting disposal truck(s) or dumpster(s)) and difficulty in felling safely might have something to do with it.

Hope this helps a bit

Howie

Old 04-09-04, 07:10 AM
BERRYMAN
Visiting Guest
tree roots

thx for the reply the tree is about 30 feet high and behind a garage so i dont need this thind to die and fall so i guess removal is the only way thx 4 everything

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: