Installing multiple Anti-siphon valves

Old 04-12-04, 11:36 AM
Budman2004
Visiting Guest
Installing multiple Anti-siphon valves

I am installing a very large vegetable garden with six different watering zones. I will be connecting above ground drip irrigation to PVC pipes. I will be installing an outdoor automatic timer to water the six zones.

How do I install a series of six anti-siphon valves from the one water line?

Thanks Budman.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-04, 02:35 PM
Why not install ONE check valve on the supply line?

The reason for the ck valve is to keep possible contaminated water from getting back into the house drinking supply.

Old 04-12-04, 04:32 PM
Budman2004
Visiting Guest
I have no idea what a check valve is. I was under the impression from the last house I rented, that I needed to have seperate anti-siphon valves for each watering zone. Since I need 6 zones, I figured I needed 6 A-S valves.

Old 04-12-04, 05:09 PM
A check valve(brass=about 8 bucks) simply allows water to flow in ONE direction only, this protects your potable water supply.
Pressure from the water supply pushes water through the valve.
It can't come back the other way.

fred

Old 04-12-04, 08:06 PM
Smile Drip irigation anti flow back valves.

Hi Budman2004

I included this link just in case you were asking about the anti-siphon valves used to keep the water pressure in the lines from draining back out. Emitters have check valves & the tubes need small anti_flowback valves to keep the feed lines from draining back out when the system is off.

If it is an anti siphon vavle found at each house faucet, that is for keeping dirty hose water from getting back into your well. That is what fewalt is talking about.

Link for drip system: http://www.rileygrow.co.uk/WebCatalogue.pdf

What type of anti_flowback valve are you working with? We need a little more information in order to help.