Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Gardening and Horticulture
Reload this Page >

The last most important post of every thread.

Old 04-16-04, 08:05 PM

Can you imagine doing a search for the large black Aphids, & get back 36 good Do it yourself threads from your search? Some would think WOW, what a real motherload of help for me.

How would you feel after going through that rich list of helpful answers, only to find out the large number of the Post's starters, never wrote back at all? Well that's what has been happening here @ DIY for quite a while now.

I don't think anyone, Member or MOD cares if he or She get's a thank you, that's just not what we are here for. I guess what I am saying is, if it's not too much trouble how about dropping a quick line & just let the present & future members of DIY know if it worked or not, one finished thread can help hundreds of Gardeners.

I really don't have an answer for this atitude of OK, I got my answer BYE! Well the only ones we hurt are ourselves & the other members yet to join in the future.

I will never understand why, it's that hard to write that last post.

Thanks for reading of my concern's.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-04, 12:41 PM
Well any ideas?

I was wondering if you had any ideas along these lines?

Sometimes it's good to remember why we came here, & what we want to leave with.

What do you think?

Old 04-21-04, 08:29 PM
I like to hear back if it worked or not. It closes the loop.

Old 04-23-04, 02:19 PM
There may not be a loop

On one of my rare questions in the Computer Forum. That mean's I need some real help.

I made the post.

My first thought was to give every detail I could. That was for the readers & the answer giver's benefit. Now of course, I also knew that there was a very good chance, if I gave as much info as possable. I would get the right answer, right away.

As you know, I got the right answer right off the bat.

My Second action was to let the Answer giver have the news that it worked 100%. That would also cover anyone reading this post present & future.

Had I not replied at all, there would be more doubt than usual. I had also stated in my first post, that I had read where reinstalling the program had been tried before, without sucess.

Many not all, would have read this Post without any Ending attached, & jumped to the conclution that reloading the Software, had not corrected the problem.

Congrats on the SuperMOD We do make a good team.
PS:
My first question: How would you feel after going through that rich list of helpful answers, only to find out the large number of the Post's starters, never wrote back at all? Well that's what has been happening here @ DIY for quite a long while now.

Perhaps there is no answer & more than likely we will just never understand. One thing I did learn was, the choice is chosen not just over looked.